Brachy & Complex

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap::clap: I like both! Are these first timers?
Is there something culture-wise that causes the slight split at the end of the petals?

:clap::clap: I like both! Are these first timers?
Is there something culture-wise that causes the slight split at the end of the petals?

Yes, I got them as seedlings in 2007. I am not sure about the split. I bloom a bellatulum last year which also had split petals.

New Speedway Boogie! What was the grower thinking? Such a horrible name for such a striking flower.

The split petals could be from fertilizing while the bud was developing.

I :rollhappy: when I read the name, I guess they ran out of red colored names!

Hmmm - stop fertilizing when one sees buds? I guess that would make some sense, as it had the right conditions to get to that stage.

The brachy is great, but I really like the colors on the Paph New Speedway Boogie, hopefully as the plant becomes a multigrowth clump the flowers will improve. I have always been pleased at how much better complex hybrid flowers look when you pump them up into 6 growth clumps. This one has potential.

Paph New Speedway Boogie (Anna Szabo x Redmix) the grandparents include (Winston Churchill x High Hat) and (Keyeshill x Decameron) a great complex for reds. By the way High Hat has the classic antique red Telesis as a parent, it has a charlesworthii like dorsal & lots of red in the petals. An interesting cross combining the Winston Churchill with the Keyeshill lines of red breeding. This plant has a good pedigree. Love to see its flowers on future blooming. I bet it will get even better.

The brachy is great, but I really like the colors on the Paph New Speedway Boogie, hopefully as the plant becomes a multigrowth clump the flowers will improve. I have always been pleased at how much better complex hybrid flowers look when you pump them up into 6 growth clumps. This one has potential.

Paph New Speedway Boogie (Anna Szabo x Redmix) the grandparents include (Winston Churchill x High Hat) and (Keyeshill x Decameron) a great complex for reds. By the way High Hat has the classic antique red Telesis as a parent, it has a charlesworthii like dorsal & lots of red in the petals. An interesting cross combining the Winston Churchill with the Keyeshill lines of red breeding. This plant has a good pedigree. Love to see its flowers on future blooming. I bet it will get even better.

Thank you, Leo
This has been my best red complex Paph, I have ever bloomed so far. I’m very happy with the synsepal size which is almost a mirror image of the dorsal. It’s a keeper.

Latest posts

Back