Botanica Ltd. ROCKS!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

I just got my first Angrecoids from Botanica Ltd. They were both mounted on cork, and I have to say, I am sold on this as a growing method. It looks great. The plants were healthy, and well protected for shipping. I am working on a second order already.

Today I got mooreana and punctata. SOOOO cool! :)

They came late tonight because the post office knew they were perishable. :)

I will take pics tomorrow when I have more light.

Ok, here are the pics.

aerangis_mooreana.jpg

Aerangis mooreana

aerangis_punctata.jpg

Aerangis punctata

These are not mounted on moss pads, just straight to the cork. Each mount measures less than 4" wide x 6" tall. The roots are hugging the mount so tight, I am thinking of removing the string. The punctata has a root that grew through a crack in the cork and it comes out the other side. The crack is so thin, I would not be able to slide a sheet of paper in between. You can see it in the photo above on the left hand side of the mount. Amazing!

Marco, I am going to keep these mounted, because to pull these off would mean destroying the roots. They are well established. I didn't think I liked mounted plants, but my only experience with them was on grapevine twigs from Oak Hill. These are much nicer. I do have my sesquipedale growing in s/h already, but it came in a pot. We will see how it does.

Latest posts

Back