Book Question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Corbin

Does anyone know anything about 'Home Orchid Growing 4th ed. by Rebeca tyson Northen?

I read it from cover to cover multiple times back in the 1970's when I was a kid. It is excellent and very dear to my heart!

Eric! Shame! :eek: :rollhappy:

So...if this book is still in print, is it worth picking up then? I'm always looking for books on orchids. In fact, books on them are almost addicting as the orchids themselves. Okay, not quite, but still...

Joanne

I bought mine on eBay a few years ago for less than $30 including the shipping.

Amazon has used ones for around $65 and was just wondering if it was worth owning.

I have Lance's book, William Cullina's "understanding Orchids" and Alec Pridgeon's "Illustrated Encyclopedia".

I found one "like new" for $20.00 and snapped it up. Can't wait.:rollhappy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has used ones for around $65 and was just wondering if it was worth owning.

I have Lance's book, William Cullina's "understanding Orchids" and Alec Pridgeon's "Illustrated Encyclopedia".

One of my favorites is Averyanov's, Slipper Orchids of Vietnam.

Much more than just taxonomy. Lots of eco/community and habitat info. Most of the pics are of the flowers in situ. Plus Vietnam (+Cambodia, Laos) covers about 16 Paph species (close to 20% of known paph species) with representatives of 4 of the 6 major subgenera of Paphs.

Latest posts

Back