bog garden after burn

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Your sarras are definitely blooming their heads off over there..

You're kidding rite..? :drool:

Thanks everyone. Nope, no kidding about the removal. I ripped out two really big S. leuco. 'Tarnok' clumps cause I didn't like the flowers. and thinned out most of the others. It came out to about 30 lbs, although if I shook off all the media it would have been more like 15-20.

Forrest

2011 bog update

The bog just keeps getting better, over 300 Sarracenia blooms this year. And all my new Calopogon are in spike. I'm going to try a few mini container bogs this year. Given the beauty and easy of care of this thing I think everyone should hire me to put one in for them so I can quit school and start a bog garden business. I'd bet a large, well installed CP bog would serve as an excellent option for an attractive water garden (runoff retention gardens that are catching on as a green solution for reducing urban runoff).

DSCF7639.jpg

DSCF7638.jpg

DSCF7637.jpg

Calopogon
DSCF7640.jpg

Spiranthes cernua the apomictic, this one really spreads fast and they are growing inside the Sarracenia clumps
DSCF7643.jpg

Forrest

That's awesome Forrest!!

I started a little potted group of carnivorous plants for the grandkids, and have flower spikes coming up on a sundew. I'm as pumped about it as they are.

:drool::drool::drool:
..... Given the beauty and easy of care of this thing I think everyone should hire me to put one in for them so I can quit school and start a bog garden business. I'd bet a large, well installed CP bog would serve as an excellent option for an attractive water garden (runoff retention gardens that are catching on as a green solution for reducing urban runoff).
Forrest
OK so how far will you travel?
and I thought last year was spectacular!

:drool::drool::drool:
OK so how far will you travel?
and I thought last year was spectacular!

all I need is a plane ticket, lodging, beer, and some money for the plants and digging a hole. I guess I'll have to start local at first.

Latest posts

Back