Board field trip to Ecuador/Peru 2007

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I don't want people to think that anyone is ganging up on anyone here. Many of the posts in this thread have been deleted. I stand by what I said, and I mean no harm and have no malicious intent. Just please keep in mind that some of this is out of context.

we're all adults. nothing to get too worked up about. i won't tell anyone what to do, nor make any pretense of condescension, i just know what works for me - if it bugs you, take it with a grain of salt. its not worth raising your blood pressure over.

tempers may be flared, and offensive remarks taken - i dont dispute or belittle the validity of those feelings. im just saying it might help if we dont let those things get us too riled up.

and besides, im stoked to see lindenii, to steer it back to orchids.

Oh yes, I would love to see phrags and take some in situ photos... that would be freaking fantastic!

And if I can't go, someone please post them....

Colin,

I have been informed on exact locations of Teagueia, Lepanthes, and Brachionidium found in the same exact locality... I got to mount some of Jost's herbarium specimens for MBG, so I got to see the size on these taxa being found.

-P.A. Mahon

Looks like an interesting trip. I am headed to the Moyobamba region of Peru in October. I am going with the ultimate goal of seeing kovachii in situ. I have been researching the other orchids of Peru and checking to see what will be in bloom when I will be there. Here is a link to Peruvian species. Clicking on the picture thumbnails will give you further info on the species.
http://www.peruorchids.com/en/galeria/galeria.htm

I found a round trip ticket from my local Airport, in Albany, NY, for $679 round trip to Lima and it has been purchased. I am flying with Continental Airlines.

I am still trying to convince my wife that I am not putting myself into a dangerous situation.

I arrive back home on November 4th but leave there on the 3rd..red-eye flight . It will take me 13 hours down so two days are travel days. I have sceduled a booster on my Hep A and a couple of shots for next week.

Latest posts

Back