Blooms so far

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can such a lovely flower not have a prettier name?

Lol...I am waiting for the CD for Awards Quarterly to arrive (order placed on Sept 2012) and I will search to see if there is a name for this cross.

I have this plant for several years, I forgot where I got it from.

I rarely pollinate plants (I have no space left to grow from flasks and I have two seed pods waiting to be harvested), but I cannot resist his time, I put a pollen from that Transdoll that bloomed with 5 flowers in its 1st bloom to this clone. I hope to get a multifloral cross with bright colors and spots, bars, and stripes, a fuller dorsal (hopefully this clone will contribute to "remediating" the less desirable properties of the Transdoll), and easier to flower (like most of the Maudiae). But, I think the flower count will go down. What do you all think? Is this a good cross to attempt or should I cut off the flower and wait for the 5th bloom and show it (I have yet to enter a plant for judging)? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great set of pictures for a lull while the turkey roasts!
I, too, love that opening purple thing from OrchidBabies. Let us see it when it's fully open!
I also love several of the Hilo Charlies! Esp. the upper two in the left row. How much do they end up reflexing?

Both of the lighter colored ones reflexed (but not too bad). I do not remember the others, except the top two (which I gave clonal names)- they do not reflex.

Lol...I am waiting for the CD for Awards Quarterly to arrive (order placed on Sept 2012) and I will search to see if there is a name for this cross.

I have this plant for several years, I forgot where I got it from.

I do not usually pollinate plants (I have no space left to grow from flasks and I have two seed pods waiting to be harvested), but I cannot resist his time, I put a pollen from that 5-flowered Transdoll to this clone. I hope to get a multifloral cross with bright colors and spots, bars, and stripes, a fuller and less-reflective dorsal (hopefully this clone will contribute to "correcting" these less desirable properties of the Transdoll), and easier to flower (like most of the Maudiae). But, I think the flower count will do down. What do you all think? Is this a good cross to attempt or should I cut off the flower and wait for the 5th bloom and show it (I have yet to enter a plant for judging)? :)

If my search results are OK, it is registered as Wood Wonder by Orchid Zone (2008)

What a wonderfull collection!
As Eric said, the Paph. [Kenny 'Val' HCC/AOS x (superbiens x Cocoa Cherry 'Chocoholic')] is a wild hybrid! It has Paeony, Maudiae, mastersianum ... in its ancestry. Would be interesting to see the flower fully opend.

Back