Blooming orchids - how long is too long

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdk.catfish

Reaction score
I have a complex hybrid paph Montclair King 'Fantasy' x Satin Veil 'Whiute Aura) - picture below. It has been in bloom since late December so you will notice that bloom is fading. However a couple months ago it put up another spike which hasn't opened yet. I haven't re-potted this orchid since I acquired it 9/2018 and there was no re-potting history with it, so suffice it to say it is in dire need of re-potting (its in a 3.5 inch pot right now). It has at least 2 new growths. My question is should I just let this go ahead and bloom out or should I cut the blooms and re-pot the plant. The reason I ask is that I had a Pinocchio once that I let bloom continually for almost two years. When I went to re-pot that there was virtually no root system and it died. Any advice is most welcome. Thank you
IMG_1136.jpg

Linus - thanks for your quick response. So you don't think the second bud will blast if I re-pot or it might but that is just a chance I need to take? The plant in my avatar is Phrag Peruflora's Cirila Alca x sib. I like it as well. That was a first bloom from about a year ago. It is probably 3 weeks away from blooming again so I am excited to see that. I don't much about Perufora in general but would like to acquire others similar if you have any advice.

Latest posts

Back