Blooming Neos (not Vandas!)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dot, you seem to grow nice variegated forms that are also reliable bloomer. Can you tell me the names of those plants?

Be glad to. From the left (Top photo):
Gojyo Fukurin
Higashideniyako
Setsu Zan
Kin rou kaku (not in bloom, small plant)

Not sure of the spelling or capitalization. Tags are hard to read.

This post reminded me to check on my own Neo's. 3 of my 4 are spiking now! 2 are variegated, the green leafed ones have pink blooms....

Bump

Look what my Kouyou is developing! Does anyone know how long it takes for Neos' capsules to ripen? I selfed it about June 21st.

Good luck with the capsule Dot as that is a beautiful color. Thanks for the cultural tip and what is the substrate you are growing in? Is that coconut fiber throughout or just on top?

It took 3 months for mine from pollinating the flower to the capsule fully ripened. Good luck with this one, it is very nice!
Are you going to send the capsule to a lab or DIY?

If you don't have a lab, Rockbridge Labs in Ohio is good, she works with dry seed as a preference. PM me for details.

Good luck with the capsule Dot as that is a beautiful color. Thanks for the cultural tip and what is the substrate you are growing in? Is that coconut fiber throughout or just on top?
It's coconut fiber throughout.
It took 3 months for mine from pollinating the flower to the capsule fully ripened. Good luck with this one, it is very nice!
Are you going to send the capsule to a lab or DIY?
I wouldn't begin to know how to do it myself, so I'll be sending it out.
If you don't have a lab, Rockbridge Labs in Ohio is good, she works with dry seed as a preference. PM me for details.
Thanks, Leo. Will do.

What about Troy Conservatory?

New World has Koyo for $120/growth...same variety, different spelling.

Yes, here it is, a nice healthy plant

10348524955_489a629400_o.jpg

Love that first one, k...something. I'm calling it cujo for now. :D I would definitely welcome that one in my flat. :smitten:

Latest posts

Back