Blooming Neos (not Vandas!)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I have a row of Neofinetias that are all in bloom, but they are all tangled up in each other -- I have them too close together! The only one I could easily get out to isolate and photograph is Kouyou, and yes, it is really that color:

Wow is right! You grow space must smell heavenly! Is the purple one a hybrid or a purple form of the species?

-Zach

Gorgeous. All of them together look like a scene from Swan Lake. All the
pretty ballerinas dancing on each other's toes. Hope the pretty dancers I
sent will fit right in!

I wonder why my Neostylis does not bloom? Can't help looking again and again at this great photos. Trying to see what I'm possibly making wrong. You have a very bigh humidity I assume, for there is a Bulbophyllum (echinolabium?) flowering as well?
Anyway, that is a display that makes smile!

The hot purple one WOW! You must of spent half your saving on that one! (I feel another swap coming on!:drool:)

Wow is right! You grow space must smell heavenly! Is the purple one a hybrid or a purple form of the species?

-Zach
Not a hybrid, but who knows what is in the Neo's backgrounds.

Gorgeous. All of them together look like a scene from Swan Lake. All the pretty ballerinas dancing on each other's toes. Hope the pretty dancers I sent will fit right in!
They sure do!

I wonder why my Neostylis does not bloom? Can't help looking again and again at this great photos. Trying to see what I'm possibly making wrong. You have a very bigh humidity I assume, for there is a Bulbophyllum (echinolabium?) flowering as well?
Anyway, that is a display that makes smile!
Humidity varies from 40% to 98%, depending on when I water. I think the secret is cooler nights in the winter with less watering.
The hot purple one WOW! You must of spent half your saving on that one! (I feel another swap coming on!:drool:)
Would you believe it was a gift? (Could happen, down the road.)

Ditto on what others are saying!
Purple is one of my favorite orchid colors and I can imagine the scents!

Latest posts

Back