Blc. Ports of Paradise cross

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This is a first bloom seedling, unregistered cross of Blc. Ports of Paradise 'Emerald Isle' x Blc. Campobello 'Mendenhall'. The actual flower is much greener than I was able to capture and sure takes after its mommy, IMO. I probably won't keep it since I've already got 2 Ports of Paradise and this one looks just like it. The blooms are large and don't seem to be fragrant. Thought I'd share a photo of it, though. It's growing in semi hydro, yada yada yada.

Paradisecross.jpg

It's beautiful. Ports of Paridise was my favorite Catt until I lost it to scale. I miss it, especially after being reminded how beautiful they are. Thanks for posting.

Ports of Paradise 'Emerald Isle' is one that I've wanted since the 1970's. Might actually get around to buying it one of these days...

It certainly does take after it mommy lookwise! Too bad no fragrance :sob:

Thanks guys. When it opened up I thought it was another Ports of Paradise until I looked at the tag. I don't remember how I got this one. Either a freebie thrown in with an order or maybe at an auction bought with something else. I know I didn't buy it since I've already got enough greenies.

Back