Blc. Ports of Paradise ‘Emerald Isle’ FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done! I love green Cattleyas. The AOS had a webinar on green cats about a year ago. The presenter was, I believe, from New Mexico. It was very informative. The webinar should be archived.

Seems like this has been in spike forever. Glad to finally see the flowers. View attachment 21137View attachment 21138
I'd have to agree with Dr. Leslie, a good mericlone in this case. I remember when blooming size plants of Blc. Ports of Paradise first came out: the clone 'GGG' was offered by Fort Caroline Orchids for $600.00 USD. 'Emerald Isle' is arguably just as good. The flowers are about 6 " across if not larger. The plants are also standard catts and quite large. That's why many people no longer grow them: shortness of space. But they are impressive!

I'd have to agree with Dr. Leslie, a good mericlone in this case. I remember when blooming size plants of Blc. Ports of Paradise first came out: the clone 'GGG' was offered by Fort Caroline Orchids for $600.00 USD. 'Emerald Isle' is arguably just as good. The flowers are about 6 " across if not larger. The plants are also standard catts and quite large. That's why many people no longer grow them.
The flower is 6” across. It has a deliciously sweet fragrance in the afternoon. Mine came from Orchids Ltd for $75 if I remember. They are on his website now for $85.

Nicely done! I love green Cattleyas. The AOS had a webinar on green cats about a year ago. The presenter was, I believe, from New Mexico. It was very informative. The webinar should be archived.

Thanks so much tomp for mentioning that. I wouldn't have known about this otherwise! I just did a search. The webinar is certainly available! At:

Click Here

Awesome video!!! Wow ...... Rlc. Xanthette 'Chartreuse' is a beauty.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back