Blc. Duh's Fantasy 'Mellow' FCC/AOS (Sally Taylor x Duh's Orange)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2007 awarded flower had a 16.2 cm horizontal spread and was described as "extraordinary and exquisitely colored"!

Registered in 2002, now an Rlc. instead of Blc., with 26 species in it's background!

A great plant to have and hopefully virus free!

The 2007 awarded flower had a 16.2 cm horizontal spread and was described as "extraordinary and exquisitely colored"!

Registered in 2002, now an Rlc. instead of Blc., with 26 species in it's background!

A great plant to have and hopefully virus free!
Thanks! I always have to go back to the tags and change the B’s to R’s. I have not been able to keep it straight in my head, which one is correct. I guess R comes after B in the alphabet, maybe I can use this rule to remember!

Thanks! I always have to go back to the tags and change the B’s to R’s. I have not been able to keep it straight in my head, which one is correct. I guess R comes after B in the alphabet, maybe I can use this rule to remember!
It isn't that all Blc become Rlc. It is because the frequently used digbyana that used to be Brassavola digbyana but now is classified as Rhyncolaelia digbyana that so many previous Blc. become Rlc. There are still a number of Brassavola, Laelia, and Cattleya mixtures that are correctly labeled Blc. There is no choice but to look it up and I find Orchids Roots to do the job well. Here is link at that site to your plant so you can see all that it tells you. You must register (money not required) to access the progeny records.

https://orchidroots.com/detail/information/?pid=100126797&role=pub

Thanks, yes I do have an account. Never an easy way out of the maze. Point noted. I also get confused when I read the name which direction it goes.. from B—> R. Not the other way around.

I think its funny how Cattleya is represented by C, Laelia by L, Brassovola by B, Sophrinitis by S, but Rhyncholaelia is Rl why two letters? I guess because its Rhyncho then the previously mentioned laelia.🤔
-Patrick

Latest posts

Back