Blackhawk Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ernie

We judged the Blackhawk Orchid Society Show in Rockford, IL last night. The only show in our circuit that has Friday pm judging. The lack of natural light sucks, but it's nice not to lose the better part of a Saturday.
Anyway, we awarded a handful of little mounted jobs (a Lepanthopsis and two others by other teams) and two slippers.
Paph (Hanes Green Honda X Kay Rinaman) 'Phantasy Phest' HCC/AOS 78 pts by Klehm Growers which is a wonderfully "colored" green and white. Arnie plans to register it soon with one of his creative grex names.
Phrag (Grande [4N] X Taras) HCC/AOS belonging to Cheryl Erins of our local Batavia, IL club. Not sure of the points or the clonal name. Taras is boisserianum X pearcei. A neat combo. Upright, wavy dorsal is notable.
Both awards contingent on grex registration of course.

-Ernie

Here are a couple of shots I took, if I knew I was posting
them they would have been better pic's. ENJOY. Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_1162.JPG
    IMG_1162.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 19
They're just fine Jim! Thanks! Wish I could have gone but the furnace in the GH went in this weekend!

Wow! That is an impressive flower! I just lvoe the way the petals curl and hang down that far. Congratulations!

Bluefirepegasus

Latest posts

Back