Bl. Sea Urchin 'Pinkie'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
This is unusual enough that it warrants posting a shot of it in case anyone else wants one. It's a temperature tolerant, fragrant cross between Laelia anceps and Rhyncholaelia glauca I picked up from SBOE years ago (I mention the vendor because I don't believe any other has ever offered this cross and they still do--three clones, actually). It came to me in a 4" plastic pot filled with granite pieces, but it has long since been the resident of a large, octagonal slat basket growing in CHC chunks in my east-facing window. There's a bud behind this flower, but I personally like the look of blossoms + buds.

blseaurchinpinkiesmall.jpg

And just because it's pretty, but doesn't need its own thread, my Paph. Maudiae that's in bloom right now:

maudiae.jpg

Is that the old Cleveland terminal of the NY Central RR in the background?

Your excitement at there possibly being something train-related in an orchid photo is endearing, Eric--two hobbies in one! But, no, it's Chase Park Plaza...another fabulous old building. For a paltry $4.5 million, I could move into its penthouse!

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone. :)

By the way, it's fragrant in the morning and at night--the scent changes.

Latest posts

Back