Big tiny thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so cute!!!
I think I see seven flowers, not six.

I'm not familiar with this, but I thought these were pure white?
Then, again, I guess it can be pure white or marked just like niveum.

Good point, John. I discussed this with experienced orchidist here too. There are good points for both sites but more signs for it being an 'improved' species IMO.
So IMO this plant is within the variation of the species but at the edge - the top edge :D
To be honest, I don't love this Paph for being a species but for its wonderful flowers. And even if it would be an hybrid it would be an exceptional one!
I librate between it's being a straight thaianum or a F1 hybrid.
The features of pro thaianum are the foliage (as far I can see it) and I think I can see these purple spots inside the pouch. The rest of the flower doesn't look like a straight thaianum. But who knows? And the scent unfortunately I have an oldfashioned computer without a build in scent transmission. :confused:

This plant stumps me. Obviously well grown but it does seem off a bit. Or different at the least. The staminode looks unusual as well.

Can anyone please tell me if the green staminode species comes from a different area than the yellow ones?

Can anyone please tell me if the green staminode species comes from a different area than the yellow ones?
Unfortunately, the pic I took at the green stage is really bad, but seemingly the same area as far as I remember. And if it's the same batch of plants from Fibre

This plant stumps me. Obviously well grown but it does seem off a bit. Or different at the least. The staminode looks unusual as well.

They start green and then turns yellow as it age. Also photos can interpret them as yellow while in person. It is green/yellow green.

Amazingly well grown and bloomed! Mine has grown maybe 4cm in one year...

Latest posts

Back