Big and small

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camellkc

Reaction score
It is interesting to put gigantifolium and rungsiriyanum together, that gives a shocking visual impact to the magnificent size different to that two paphio species. Enjoy the comparison photo and the flower photo of gigantifolium itself.

Attachments

• BCE936A3-45C1-4307-BF1E-2760D83663D9.jpeg
    BCE936A3-45C1-4307-BF1E-2760D83663D9.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 75CF9C34-B163-412E-9537-517F3E9A0DF3.jpeg
    75CF9C34-B163-412E-9537-517F3E9A0DF3.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 2
It is interesting to put gigantifolium and rungsiriyanum together, that gives a shocking visual impact to the magnificent size different to that two paphio species. ......
This comparison is very impressive.....but shows on the other hand how big, compared to the plant size, the flowers of Paph. rungsuriyanum are. Though the flowers of Paph. gigantifolium are just about twice as big as the flowers of Paph. rungsuriyanum differs the size of the plants by the factor 10 or more.
Not to forget, your Paph. gigantifolium is great. 👍
.........I'll take the gig, you can keep the rut😁
Rick, the bigger the better !! :D

In my opinion, Paph. rungsuriyanum is quite recently discovered and due to ravaging it's habitat for illegal sale in Asia and other world countries, it should not be crossed with anything but the same species at the moment. This way we can guarantee the survival of the PURE species in captivity. and bring the prices down. So everyone can grow it. Then, we could think of hybridizing.
Mine arrived this week, legally grown seedlings and I hope to pollinate them in future and get more of them to pass around.

Attachments

• rungsy-2.jpg
    rungsy-2.jpg
    999.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
In my opinion, Paph. rungsuriyanum is quite recently discovered and due to ravaging it's habitat for illegal sale in Asia and other world countries, it should not be crossed with anything but the same species at the moment. This way we can guarantee the survival of the PURE species in captivity. and bring the prices down. So everyone can grow it. Then, we could think of hybridizing.
Mine arrived this week, legally grown seedlings and I hope to pollinate them in future and get more of them to pass around.
I want it legally but so far no way to get.

I want it legally but so far no way to get.

I got mine in this week from Exotic Plant Company (Netherlands, Europe) this week.
Seed grown, app. 4 years old.
They ship to the US but Cites etc. must be approved in the US.
Repoting and info video on my YouTube channel next week.

rungsy-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back