• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

beware ebay scammer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
he has way too many negative feedback responses and his responses to the negative feedback are a major red flag

I've just bought a paph delenatii v. dunkel from him.
Thought I'd see what shows up :D
Shouldn't be too hard to determine if it's the correct type.
Wasn't too expensive, so I consider it a test.
I've bought one plant from him before that wasn't impressive. He was quite pushy to get me to leave positive feedback.
Strange behavior.

I've just bought a paph delenatii v. dunkel from him.
Thought I'd see what shows up :D
Shouldn't be too hard to determine if it's the correct type.
Wasn't too expensive, so I consider it a test.
I've bought one plant from him before that wasn't impressive. He was quite pushy to get me to leave positive feedback.
Strange behavior.

The dunkel is not that rare anymore, so I think you would receive it.
However when it comes to the rarer (always much more expensive plants), buyers will have to make a harder decision of whether to wait and buy only from sellers they had buy from the past with satisfying experience, or bite the bullet and go for that plant that no one else selling at the moment.

I'm quite sure, we've discussed this guy before... he shows up on ebay under various guises, but his signature is allways: the expensive, almost to good to be true, rare items, and the negative feedbacks that inevitably pop up, followed by a barrage of vitriolic ramblings - and if I'm right in my assumption: this is the guy who sent me the exact same picture of the plant itself, albeit the clonal names and the flower pictures were of two, indeed, very different clones of leucochillum!

I'm very interested in hearing about the outcome of your dealings with him, Per?! But for the rest of you, guys and gals, my clear advice would be to stay clear - and remember the ancient adage: never trust greeks bearing gifts! o_O

Kind regards,
Jens

did you say
- that the plant is in bloom and the flower looks different from the ebay listed one?
or
-the shipped plant match the one in the ebay photo (vegetation wise), but the blooming flower is not the same & the tag has a different clone name.
or
-it is a non blooming plant and you will have to wait until it bloom to ascertain that you get the correct breeding?

Well, that didn't work out as planned. I just wrote to ask wether it had been sent, and got the answer it was sold out, and I had been refunded. When I asked if they sold plants they didn't even have, I couldn't get a decent answer.
Anyway, I have no money yet, but they claim that's PayPals fault. I let them now I expect the refund tomorrow.
I guess this just is proof they can't be trusted.
I'm done trying.

Well, that didn't work out as planned. I just wrote to ask wether it had been sent, and got the answer it was sold out, and I had been refunded. When I asked if they sold plants they didn't even have, I couldn't get a decent answer.
Anyway, I have no money yet, but they claim that's PayPals fault. I let them now I expect the refund tomorrow.
I guess this just is proof they can't be trusted.
I'm done trying.

Good luck. If my recent PayPal experience is any indication, getting your money back is a tad slow but relatively painless.

As for saying the plants are sold out, it could be something questionable like they're selling things they don't have in stock or they changed their mind about selling because they got a better deal elsewhere, but it could also be that the plants got damaged/destroyed by accident or they decided not to sell because they weren't healthy.

I'm quite sure, we've discussed this guy before... he shows up on ebay under various guises, but his signature is allways: the expensive, almost to good to be true, rare items, and the negative feedbacks that inevitably pop up, followed by a barrage of vitriolic ramblings - and if I'm right in my assumption: this is the guy who sent me the exact same picture of the plant itself, albeit the clonal names and the flower pictures were of two, indeed, very different clones of leucochillum!

I'm very interested in hearing about the outcome of your dealings with him, Per?! But for the rest of you, guys and gals, my clear advice would be to stay clear - and remember the ancient adage: never trust greeks bearing gifts! o_O

Kind regards,
Jens
Jens, so he did not send you the listed plant?

I got the refund - but only £26 of the total of £28. So I've asked for the rest. Or I'll complain to Paypal.
Should I leave neutral or negative feedback ?

They returned to me, calling me rude :D
They think it is fair that I pay the paypal fees, even though they f... up.
I'll leave it there, and stay clear of that seller in the future.

Jens, so he did not send you the listed plant?

No, no...I smelled the rat...and asked for pictures of the whole plants (two very interesting leucochillums,with two very different flowerpics). I asked for the in-toto-photos on two different days...and the guy sent me the ecaxt same picture of the alleged plant in-toto!

They returned to me, calling me rude :D
They think it is fair that I pay the paypal fees, even though they f... up.
I'll leave it there, and stay clear of that seller in the future.

Tallulah Bankhead would probably have responded: "But, Daaaarling, I told you so!" - and I will, yet again, return to the wisdom of yore: "If you don't hear you will feel"!

Most kind regards
from your faithfull compatriote! ;)

I know Jens, but as mentioned earlier, it was a fairly cheap plant which is hard to swap with something else. I was hoping they had improved their ways of doing business, but I guess not :D
I've used the refund to buy a Kevin Porter instead.

Latest posts

Back