best wishes for our queens member eric m

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to live by Lance's advice! I'm home now...had good news from my oncologist...all tests from last weeks surgery are negative! Apparently the cancer is more localized, but causing intense inflammation. Treatment remains the same, but my outlook is that much better! i start chemo on Tuesday....actually looking forward to it.

So, I figured I'd update everyone. Had chemo through most of the summer. Tolerated it pretty well, still have my hair, just not as much. 3 weeks ago I went in for surgery...the bladder was taken out. I was supposed to get a "neobladder" from intestine and my colostomy reversed, but they found some questionable tissue that they couldn't remove, so they biopsied it. To be safe, they left the colostomy in place and gave me a urostomy bag. So I finally got the pathology report. All cancer was removed- the tissue that remained had inflammation, but no cancer cells. So....for now, at least, I'm cancer free! I'm hoping to get the colostomy repaired in January (a relatively simple procedure), and if I stay cancer free, the urostomy could be repaired in a year or so...giving me a neobladder with a port. Aside from some pain and exhaustion, I'm recovering well, and will go back to work on the 21st.

Sounds like good news Eric. Continued well wishes and prayers.

My father went through what sounds like the same situation many years ago, and had many healthy years following his treatment.

Hoping for the best! I've inherited a lot of fishing equipment I think I'll need you or someone to help me identify ( lots of big lures etc), hope you continue to improve

Eric i'm sorry i missed this thread before. Cancer has touched us all in some way so i know what you've been through.

Great news and please keep up the good work!! We're all pulling for you!!!

Back