Best paph armeniacum culture i see so far !!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baodai

Reaction score
do you know what is in the mix ?
BD
cultarme1.jpg

cultarm2.jpg

cultarme3.jpg

hi bao dai,
in coconut choir with lots of foam in the bottom
but how long you keep them in this , my experience with it that it's
great to start plants of in it but after they start to root up,
i always pot them in something with more rocky substance,
where are these plants being grown ?
1 hr outside of hanoi ? towards the mountains ? Bavi ?
thanx for sharing
cliokchi :)

I don't know where Baodai lives but the local climate may also be very beneficial to this species. For instance, I have no problem growing Dandelions where I live. :)

Have these plants been grown in this mix or have they been recently potted into it? Not many people in Việt Nam grow Paphs from seedlings, they pot up wild collected plants from Việt Nam and elsewhere.

I have used rice hulls alone and various quantities in mixes. Its a very well drained medium and doesn't break down quickly. Rice hulls with a bit of sand added is a great mix. Its really a matter of what you can get hold of up here. Tree fern, rice hulls, sand, charcoal and stone are staple ingredients for me.

Regards, Mick

these armeniacums are not my plants, but i'm learning how to grow them better. So, here is what I know so far. These paph armeniacum 're growing at about 4000 ft above sea level, The mix are: rice hulls, rice hulls half burn and coco (see pictures) (I don't know what it is called to be exact but these coco is from the cover of the fruit), they are growing with about 2 hrs full sun, early morning shade and afternoon shade. I'm sure will try this method with my armeniacum.
BaoDai
coco1.jpg

coco2.jpg

these armeniacums are not my plants, but i'm learning how to grow them better. So, here is what I know so far. These paph armeniacum 're growing at about 4000 ft above sea level, The mix are: rice hulls, rice hulls half burn and coco (see pictures) (I don't know what it is called to be exact but these coco is from the cover of the fruit), they are growing with about 2 hrs full sun, early morning shade and afternoon shade. I'm sure will try this method with my armeniacum.
BaoDai

It would be interesting to see some pics of the roots.
Regards, Mick

Latest posts

Back