Best birthday yet ...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Busy potting them up. henryanum, hirsutissimum, barbatum, tigrinum, papuanum, leucochilum. I don't usually go for hybrids but leuco x vietnamense just sounded to good to pass up. A bunch of kovachii hybrids from Chuck Acker. Also a Jumellea arachnantha and a phal pulchra. I love the esoteric little species (in addition to slippers). The brachys from Orchid Inn are absolutely pristine. Some of the best I've seen.

Agar seems to be harder to remove than I remember!

The first rule of orchids may not apply if these things grow to quickly! Need a new grow room.

Looks like a good selection. Would be nice to see some photos, if you get a chance. Don't know if you have potted out the tigrinum yet, but they do very well in moss for the first year or so. Mike

You have enough to start a nursery almost! lol
I got a flask of leucochilum from OI as well and am very happy with the size of the seedlings.

Remember us when it's time to make space!
....or when his wife in the fullness of time discovers what she brought upon herself!! 😁

Despite seething with envy and looking forward to follow the progression "as time goes by", I'm also dying of curiosity as to get a bit more details about how PF succeeded in circumventing "She who must be obeyed" (as Rumpole so poetically, and with at reference to H. Rider Haggard, speaks of his spouse)?

Kind regards,
Jens

Last edited:
.... she had just come back from Peru and was very jet lagged when I asked ...
... and thus took advantage of her vulnerable state! I say! Here is certainly a real chevaleresque gentleman at work!
I pray you, though, for the sake of your life and mobility, never - NEVER as in never ever! - let her get access to these pages! As the Poet succinctly put it: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"!

Back