besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ayreon

4433.5.orig.jpg

Last time this one bloomed it only had one flower at the time.. so this was a great surprise.

The backlighting on your photos is beautiful! I love the photos, and of course, the besseae is wonderful :) Looks very nicely grown

- Matthew Gore

i love the curving petals and especially the striped pouch. simply beautiful. probably the most stunning besseae i have seen.

Thank you!
I have no idea what the parents are. It didn't say more than "besseae" when I bought it.

Wow, those pictures are amazing! And very nice flowers. But I can't stop looking at those incredible photos, but I also can't stop looking at the flower!
Erin

I don't think I've ever seen that much transparent barring in the pouch before! Very nice.

For those of you who may not know, there is a very interesting story behind the transparent pouch. The fly that falls in the pouch is guided to the top behind the staminodial sheild because it sees the light coming through the clear sections of the pouch. besseae is thinking ahead!

That is an AWESOME looking flower, with that pouch. I too have never seen such distinction in the barring. Flowers like that will start a new craze.

Latest posts

Back