besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. This isn't a bad thing, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I think there's some dalessandroi involved in this plant's past. I'd love to hear some discussion if that's alright with Ayreon.

In my experience, dal. has a lot more of the fenestres than straight besseae, and as Jason said, I've never seen that much in a straight besseae.

Also, the petals curl more than besseae usually does. It made me wonder...
It's a FABULOUS flower. If that's what bess. x dal. can yield, people should start making way more Phrag. Jersey's, if you ask me! I'd buy it in a split second!

I wondered about that too, but I haven't seen enough dalessandrois to really be able to speculate. I'm guessing that whatever the case may be, there won't be any way to know for sure.

- Matt

gore42 said:
I wondered about that too, but I haven't seen enough dalessandrois to really be able to speculate. I'm guessing that whatever the case may be, there won't be any way to know for sure.

- Matt

How about just declaring it to be a SlipperTalk fact #2619905 and waiting for a taxonomist to come along?

Latest posts

Back