Besseae & schlimii family portrait

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice group. Can I use this picture for my facebook profile picture? I guess they are besseae, schlimii, besseae flavum, Hanne Popow, besseae var dalessandroi or dalessandroi, Hanne Popow flavum. I have no idea about the one in bud. :))

You missed St. Ouen

Very close..! :wink: The middle cross is St. Ouen. I'm fine for you to use it on your FB page if you wish.

Nice group. Can I use this picture for my facebook profile picture? I guess they are besseae, schlimii, besseae flavum, Hanne Popow, besseae var dalessandroi or dalessandroi, Hanne Popow flavum. I have no idea about the one in bud. :))

Wow younhave some really stunning plants I love your collection, some that you have I would love.
Where do you get all these phrags from?

Wow younhave some really stunning plants I love your collection, some that you have I would love.
Where do you get all these phrags from?

Not sure if I can answer that question with all of them. But the Hanne Popow on the right came from Jerry Fischer / Orchids Limited. I'll see tomorrow what other info I can see on the tags.

Thanks, I can see them now, L-R besseae on colchicine, schlimii, besseae flavum, Saint Ouen, Jersey, Hanne Popow.

I don't THINK the left hand besseae is a result of colchicine treatment, but I'll have a look tomorrow at the tag and see where it came from. It isn't especially large, the bloom, just a great classic besseae shape.

As to the possible Jersey, I can't say for sure. It does look like a cross between besseae and dalessandroi.

The besseae on the left was bought 10 years ago from Jerry Fischer / Orchids Limited, and is a cross of their 2N 'Fire Wings' and 4N 'Rob's Choice'. So it is a 3N besseae, and I presume that Rob's Choice was a result of colchicine treatment..?

I have seen 'Rob's Choice' in bloom a number of times and I think it was found as a first bloom seedling within a natural besseae cross. Orchids Limited has rarely used colchicine over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back