besseae 'Haven' x 'Smokin'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
This was one of my better ones last year but this bloom is kinda wonky. I think it's thrip related (from the summer). A little color break in the dorsal and a notch out of a petal.

It is much more red this year though. Hope the next bud has nicer form.
havsmok12vr1.jpg

Next week, my dermatologist is patch testing me to find out what is causing me to break out in a rash on my face every week or so. I have to bring samples of any products I use over time on my face. He also wants to test against a couple of my plants (as well as fertilizers, etc.) and since there is so much besseae in my collection, this little one is going to be going with me. Haven't figured out which paph to bring yet. Hopefully, I will not turn out to be allergic to my plants. :sob:

Dont worry Heather, if you are allergic to slippers, I'll take em for you so they wont bother you ever again :wink:
Then you can devote yourself to your true passion..... oncidium intergenerics

You're right that is kind of wonky. The one I got off eBay came out really nice. Now I just have to get a camera to take pictures and post them. And forget an=bout oncidium intergenerics; think tolumnia hybrids. Oh wait you grow in a cave; never mind. :poke:

Tolumnia

I cant get enough of them, I have about 13. They often repeat blooms on the spikes. I do however have bright southern exposure so I'm sure this helps. And they're usually very affordable.

I have about a hundred... *grin* And I'll probably get more for show season, they sell well.

I used to tell people they were summer bloomers, but I find that on a robust older plant they will spike up pretty much any time of year.

bwester said:
Dont worry Heather, if you are allergic to slippers, I'll take em for you so they wont bother you ever again :wink:
Then you can devote yourself to your true passion..... oncidium intergenerics

Um..no. If I'm allergic, I'll just deal with it. I'm pretty sure that's not it but...there are those who have Cyp. reactions. So, I guess I need to entertain the idea. It was amusing the way the whole thing developed. Anyway.

No on the Oncs nor the Tolumnias. What, do you people not know me?
(and here I thought I was pretty obvious)...:poke:

SlipperFan said:
Miltonias. She likes Miltonias.

I heard Heather had a secret thing going for Degamora and Colminara! She has as many wildcatts as besseae!!

Actually Heather I'd bet money that the next flower will be non wonkey. The first flowers on both of mine last year were weirder than that one, and all succesive flowers were good.

Latest posts

Back