Besseae 'Big Bob' x 'Colossal'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

johnndc

This is a first bloom, about 2 3/4 inches wide (about 7 cm). It's quite pretty, the color is great, and I like the bits of yellow streaked throughout the petals. I'm postings two pics of the same flower to give you a sense of it. (I got a bit of water on the top petal, so it's starting to go bad). Just curious about something, is the perky petals, the salute-like stance of them, a good thing or a bad thing - meaning, they don't stick out horizontally, they tend to go up. Note that in the two pics below, the petal stance looks different - it's really somewhere between two the pics, not as dramatically upwards pointing as the top pic

It's sweet!!! :drool: My Big Bob x Collossal had the same petal stance the first time it bloomed. It's now blooming for the second time and the petals are now horizontal.

It's Lynn Evans x flavum... many of the seedlings died when I repotted them deeper - remember I asked about them growing kind of stalkish and everyone said don't worry, repot them (well, either it was here or on another forum) - well, it killed most of them :) There are a few hanging in there, very small, and just barely hanging in. But the repotting really did them in. Well, at least repotting them so much deeper. Still, it was my first flask experience, I'd try again. And the 3 little guys are still hanging in there. Let's see what the warmer weather and more light brings.

johnndc said:
It's Lynn Evans x flavum... many of the seedlings died when I repotted them deeper
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss. I have ordered a seedling of that plant from Bill but ... It's like it's coming from Zanadu!?!

inside-xanadu.jpg

You have to believe, we are magic.

Latest posts

Back