bessae Peru-type?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks pretty much like the Ecuador type.
Dr. Braem has published one interesting article in the AOR journal this month about the topic.

Any hints about the differences, Eliseo?

seems that peruvian type is nearly not stoloniferous like dalessandroi... I have few plants from 2 origins,1 very old,but never flowered,always have problems,and few others from Franz Glanz breeding....nearly flowering size... both have nearly no running rhizome...
Seems they hate cooler temperatures also like dalessandroi....when temps go under 14,they start having rot problems(all my bessae have no problems,but all dalessandroi and peruvian bessaes have same problem at same time...they grow all together...)

It is lovely!

Seems they hate cooler temperatures also like dalessandroi....when temps go under 14,they start having rot problems(all my bessae have no problems,but all dalessandroi and peruvian bessaes have same problem at same time...they grow all together...)

Good to know!

Here's one marked 'Peru' we purchased from Dr. Clements way back in the day (1989). It does seem to have more red than orange in it's coloration and wider than typical petals but no way to determine whether it actually came from Peru.

Last edited:
Back