bellutulums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chien

Reaction score
Three belutulums.
DSCN2696_resize.jpg

The size of this one is not bad, DS 5.4cm, NS 8.3cm, and the form is not too bad.

CIMG3684_resize.jpg

The sister plant of the first one. The size is smaller because the plant is weak.

DSCN2700_resize.jpg

Put together.

DSCN2693_resize.jpg

Another one, small flower with large dots.

Wow, those are beauties! I'm starting to like these brachys more and more...

- Matt

They are gorgeous!!!! I am extremely jealous.

One day I will grow them and grow them well like you.

;-)

Chien, Those are great looking plants. I'm currently on vacation in South Carolina at Myrtle Beach, using the computer at the local library. I did bring 4 or 5 paphs. to enjoy at the condo. One was a bellatulum supposedly of the yellow form. It is just opening today. It has clear marking, but I can't tell about the shape as of yet. Hope it's any where near the quality of yours.

Thanks for sharing those photos.

Bob in Albany said:
CI'm currently on vacation in South Carolina at Myrtle Beach, using the computer at the local library. I did bring 4 or 5 paphs. to enjoy at the condo.
Thanks for sharing those photos.

You bring plants with you in your vacation????
If I do that, my wife and everyone will think I am crazy, haha...

Yellow form bellatulum is rare, isn't it? Will it turn into white few days latter? Some of my bellatulum are with some green color on petals, but finally the green color disappear.

Roy said:
Very, very nice. Are they from the one crossing or different???
If different, I think the crossing of No.2 with No.3 would make some nice clones as well.
The first one and the second one are from the same source, but the third one is different.
To make a cross is easy, but to grow so many seedlings is hard. I had use these two to make cross, so I think I will not make bellatulum x sib this unless I find wonderful one.
DSCN2309_resize.jpg

DSCN2253_resize.jpg

Bob in Albany said:
I'm currently on vacation in South Carolina at Myrtle Beach, using the computer at the local library. I did bring 4 or 5 paphs. to enjoy at the condo.
QUOTE]

:rollhappy: :rollhappy: Paphs on vacation !! I love it !!! I buy them on vacation but have never taken any with me...hmmmmmmm !

Very nice bellatulums Chien !!:clap:

Yes, at times my wife does think I'm crazy. But, yes I bring a few plants in bloom to enjoy. The bellatulum was a first time bloomer and I couldn't wait to see it. Only time will tell if it stays yellow. Yellow is almost incorrect as mine isn't but a rich cream. Even though two yellows were used as parents no one knows if the trait will carry threw to the offspring.

I also tried to drive up to Marriott Orchids and visit with Hadley. That really means I go there and by 20 plants. But as luck would have it, poor Hadley currently is not in the best of health. He pinched a nerve in his neck and is recovering. Oh well, I'll see him in Sept. on my return trip.

Back