bellatulum x leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might blur the species lines, but it is a lovely hybrid, one that combines the better traits of both parents. All too often you look at a hybrid and have to admit that it is not an improvement on either, this is not one of those. I am one of the first to condemn these hybrids, but in all honesty, S Gratrix is an improvement, and better than a lot of fake godefroyae and bellatulum masquerading as pure species.
(Ok, now I am going to duck into a bunker to get away from the incoming!)

To clear up some confusion, this is a hybrid called S.Gratrix. It is actually one of the most important brachy hybrids around! S.Gratrix flowers, on a good plant, are much larger than either parent. Plus, leucochilum can't grow well intermediate or cool, which is why it is important to put bellatulum into it, which is a very cool tolerant species.

Plus, this is a good parent to use in novelty breeding, such as onto complex.

Hope this helps!

Jason

To clear up some confusion, this is a hybrid called S.Gratrix. It is actually one of the most important brachy hybrids around! S.Gratrix flowers, on a good plant, are much larger than either parent. Plus, leucochilum can't grow well intermediate or cool, which is why it is important to put bellatulum into it, which is a very cool tolerant species.

Plus, this is a good parent to use in novelty breeding, such as onto complex.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Yes. Thanks.

I think that S. Gratrix is a good hybrid. I've seen a few nice ones! Bellatulum and leucochilum are quite distinct so it's easy to tell hybrids from species.

Agreed, the hybrid S. Gratrix is easy enough to tell from either parent.

I like the hybrid, have one myself. Yours is quite nice.

Latest posts

Back