bellatulum 2287#2 & 2287#4

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Paul

Reaction score
I really love the first one, round and colorful !! :):clap:

G

goldenrose

You've got some beauties! :drool: :drool: IF I'd have to narrow it down, I'd go with the first one!

Bob in Albany N.Y.

Reaction score
Chien, I love the way those bellatulums has the red coloring between the spots. Pretty good shape as well. You'll need to do some breeding and see if you can pass on the coloring between the spots, or better yet intensify the color.

Chien

Reaction score
More and more large flower, round form bellatulums can be seen and are used to do breeding by the breeder all over the world now.
I want to add more color into those large bellatulums, so I used a bellatulum with DS 5.7 cm to cross with the first one about 16 months ago. And last month, I too some flasks back, hope I can make the seedlings flower soon.

Next step, I would like to increase the height of the doreal, so I want to use this one's pollen to cross with the first flower this year.

And want to get large and bright dots on petals, to I'll use this one to cross with the second one.

M

mgt56

Very nice bellatulums, Chien do you grow yours s/h ? I'm just curious because I have 2 bellatulums ( 1 abla and 1 regular) and I'm very interested in not killing them!

Chien

Reaction score
Very nice bellatulums, Chien do you grow yours s/h ? I'm just curious because I have 2 bellatulums ( 1 abla and 1 regular) and I'm very interested in not killing them!
No, I have never try s/h. Many people on this forum grow paphs with s/h, maybe they can give you some advice.

NYEric

Reaction score
Chien, I love the way those bellatulums has the red coloring between the spots. Pretty good shape as well. You'll need to do some breeding and see if you can pass on the coloring between the spots, or better yet intensify the color.
I would be very interested to see a red bellatulum!

Bob in Albany N.Y.

Reaction score
What I want to see is a bellatulum crossed with magic lantern or micranthium. I understand with magic lantern that alot of them come out poorly HOWEVER the ones that come out good come out VERY good.