Belated hello from Manitoba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Orchidzrule

Hi all,

I've been on this forum since November of 2008, after acquiring my first Paph, and have mostly lurked until recently. I should have introduced myself then, but on the theory of "better late than never" I will do so now.

I know a few people who live in my home of Winnipeg (hi Kevin & Kyle!) on this forum, and recognize the names of several more from other forums (Jorch, Ron-NY, Fren to name a few--hi guys!). Those of you in either category can ignore the rest of this message because you've probably heard it too many times!

I've been growing orchids for just over 6 years, and probably have about 150 plants. (I essentially stopped counting after 100.) I consider myself to be a novice orchid grower, although not a raw novice. I guess when it comes to slippers, though, I am rather raw! I have 11 Paphs & 1 Phrag.

I really like this forum for a number of reasons, but one in particular is worth mentioning. It's really nice to be able to discuss vendors by name. I'm quite active on another orchid forum, which I really enjoy, but do find it stifling at times because you can't mention vendors.

My real name is Rob and I look forward to participating in many discussions on this great forum. For those of you who have read this far, thanks for listening to my babbling!

Hey Rob :)
Nice to see you getting into Paphs and Phrags! They sure are addictive, aren't they :p

Latest posts

Back