Been away from the forum for a long while, just some photos of flowering slippers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW. Those praestans are amazing. You rarely see them these days, especially large specimen plants like these.

It is the middle of winter here and it feels like it.

David

WOW... Good to see you back.. :) Your paphs are just SICK!! :drool: :drool: :D Especially those praestans... Did you bloom the armeniacum in Indonesia?

Sick? No, in fact they are very healthy, hehehe :D:D:D:wink: Thank you, paphioboy! :)
Yes, it bloomed in Indonesia. Weird plant. It grew very vigorous and healthy for two years, then almost died. Made a comeback and then flowered. The plant itself is still weak, though.

Welcome back Hardy.The P.delenatii is veeery interesting with those stripes on the lip!Is first flowering or already flowered like that?
I also wish you a wonderfull summer!!!

Hi valenzino, thank you. It's a first flowering for me, though it was a flowered mature plant out of bloom when I bought it four years ago. Another weird plant. Hmm, my success with parvis is spotty in Indonesia, I guess the climate is not very suitable.

Nice small plants! :poke: Thanx for posting! :p
Do you have the Paph canhii available in your area?

Eric, Paph. canhii is available in Taiwan :rolleyes: Really not my cup of tea, though :p

About the Paph. praestans, the largest plant took 13 years from a single mature fan to get to the size it is now, so if given long enough time I think Paph. praestans will eventually clump. I find it to be a tough and persistent plant, each fan can last for several years. That said, I guess growing the plant near its native land makes it that much easier to grow it to specimen size. It's native to Papua, while my home is in Java, which is within the same climatic zone.

Thank you guys for all the kind greetings ^^

Aha! but my friend, for the price of a small parcel to US it could become a favorite!! :wink:

:poke::poke: :p
What's available is small plants that are overpriced....
http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21105213002298
I believe flasks should be available soon.... Patience is virtue, hehe :D
Eric, I sincerely hope you'll get to grow this species soon!

Back