Beallara Marfitch 'Unicorn Splendor'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, One of my first Orchids. Ended up in the compost though Had double spikes was huge I regret I didn't get to keep it.The flowers are of large size.
Ray

Todd

Love it.

I think I can make room for this under my 400 W HID light. Would that be too much light? It is the only place where I have enough height. If it is too much I may be able to juggle plants around so I can put it under my T5 lights but there is less height there. My other light carts where I grow my paphs do not have that much height.

I have had my eye one that one for a while now. I hope I can find one large enough to bloom for the next season. How large was yours before it bloomed? Our local orchid show is next weekend. Possible I can find one there.

Marilyn

The plant had 3 pseudobulbs before it bloomed. The plant (minus the spike) is about 15-18". I trained the spike on my first one upright and it was nearly 3 feet but the second one (the one pictured) I let arch so the spike is actually about the same 'height' as the leaves. I grow mine in a south window. They need less light than Cattleya but more than Paphs and Phals.

Todd

I was able to fine 'Howards Dream'. How does that compare to the one you have? I can't seem to find Beallara Marfitch 'Unicorn Splendor'.

Marilyn

Well Marilyn, I have egg on my face! :eek: I bought mine as 'Unicorn Splendor' but when I googled 'Howards Dream', turns out that's what I have! :eek: 'Unicorn Splendor' has a rounder, shorted lip and is paler pink than 'Howards Dream'. That's twice I got a clone from this vendor that ended up being a different clone that what I purchased....I'm not dissappointed as I think 'Howard's Dream' is nicer than 'Unicorn Splendor'! :clap:

Back