Bc. Star Ruby

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
A near-primary: Bc. Star Ruby = (Brassavola nodosa x Cattleya Batalinii), and C. Batalinii = (Cattleya bicolor x Cattleya intermedia).

First bloom seedling.

There use to be a cultivar around, some years ago, called 'Xanadu' AM/AOS. This reminds me of it. Was a great plant. As it matured it bloomed several times a year. Broke multiple leads. And rapidly (at least as orchids go) became a very nice specimen in a relatively small pot. With your apparent level of "green thumbness", I'll be looking forward to seeing this again in the future.

charlie c

I've seen 'Xanadu' around – the MO Botanical Gardens periodically donates a clump to our society auction fundraiser.

charlie c said:
There use to be a cultivar around, some years ago, called 'Xanadu' AM/AOS. This reminds me of it. Was a great plant. As it matured it bloomed several times a year. Broke multiple leads. And rapidly (at least as orchids go) became a very nice specimen in a relatively small pot. With your apparent level of "green thumbness", I'll be looking forward to seeing this again in the future.

charlie c
Bill Porter has one:
http://portersorchids.com/awards_and_trophies.htm
Bc_StarRuby.jpg

Latest posts

Back