Bc.Benosa Green Bird

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better work on your labeling knowledge.

There is no registered hybrid Bc. Benosa Green Bird.

There is Bc. Binosa (C. bicolor x B. nodosa), and Bc Green Bird (Bc Binosa x B. Little Stars), so is that Bc. Binosa X Bc. Green Bird???

Better work on your labeling knowledge.

There is no registered hybrid Bc. Benosa Green Bird.

There is Bc. Binosa (C. bicolor x B. nodosa), and Bc Green Bird (Bc Binosa x B. Little Stars), so is that Bc. Binosa X Bc. Green Bird???
That's how it was labeled when I purchased it as a mass produced plant from a garden center.
Patrick

Yeah, they can get awfully sloppy.

One of the biggest issues originated in Europe - mass marketing phalaenopsis by the cultivar name only. For example, Phal. Blablabla 'Eureka' sold labeled as Phal. Eureka.

The less popular cousin of the yellow bird Brassocattleya Benosa Green Bird.
Patrick View attachment 35278
I have a plant labledEpc. lime Sherbet x B. nodosa. quick research via Google, gave me Pcva Walnut Valley ‘Lime Stars’. I love this plant, simply because it grows and blooms off every new growth and the blooms are fragrant❣️❣️❣️. A pattern so much like the nodosa parent. Since I purchased this plant, I now see it everywhere on online sellers lists. I still haven’t taken time to look up Pcva.?. Your blooms are beautiful And look identical to the blooms from this Pcva……. ‘Lime Stars’ plant. My still young plant has one spike of buds and two other sheaths working. Also new growths shooting up.

I have a plant labledEpc. lime Sherbet x B. nodosa. quick research via Google, gave me Pcva Walnut Valley ‘Lime Stars’. I love this plant, simply because it grows and blooms off every new growth and the blooms are fragrant❣️❣️❣️. A pattern so much like the nodosa parent. Since I purchased this plant, I now see it everywhere on online sellers lists. I still haven’t taken time to look up Pcva.?. Your blooms are beautiful And look identical to the blooms from this Pcva……. ‘Lime Stars’ plant. My still young plant has one spike of buds and two other sheaths working. Also new growths shooting up.
Its one of those things where you see in the garden center phal, phal, phal, nobelie dendrobium, Oh! Cattleya Alliance plant for $15.00😏 this one has never produced sheeths for me. But do to the short bulbs it matures growths in a short amount of time so it can bloom 2/3 times a year.
Patrick

Latest posts

Back