Basically, just plain stupid..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

NYEric

Reaction score
Last night/early morning in a cleaning frenzy I decided to really clean the shower so I sprayed Scrubbing Bubbles on the tiles, then a cleaner w/ ammonia, then chlorine bleach, then Comet cleanser. As I was scrubbing away, [ maybe 5 minutes], I smelled something burning. I looked around the house and realized what I had done. It was my nose! I opened some windows and the door to let the chlorine gas and chloramides out and after 1/2 hour when I didn't smell it anymore closed up. However, this morning I still smell the chlorine. Have I severely damaged my mucous membranes or just my brain?!? :( I'm hoping none of the plants show symptoms; I think only the Maxilaria tenuifolia was in the path of gas exposure but we'll see.

bwester

Reaction score
If you are still alive, count yourself lucky. Many people have died by mixing acid cleaners with ones containing chlorine.

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
The smell is probably residual on your hands and body and not embedded in your nose. Ask a co worker if the can smell bleach on you.
(Pick a pretty one)

Hien

Reaction score
bwester said:
If you are still alive, count yourself lucky. Many people have died by mixing acid cleaners with ones containing chlorine.
Do you mean KABOOM

P

PHRAG

I can conjure up my own version of a poison gas, but it requires three bratwurst topped with sourkraut and onions. Lethal!

:evil:

ohio-guy

Reaction score
How is your nose today? I hope your sense of smell won't be permanently damaged, but if you injured the olefacory nerves, it may be a while before they get back to normal.
E

Latest posts