Barkeria warthoniana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a lovely genus and I wish more people would have them in their collection....thank you for posting this sp.

Here is the plant
You can see it is a small plant, it bloom and then do a new growht while the old fade away, it is the second year it bloom, I don't find it too difficult:
Warm side of intermediate, somewhath dry especially in winter (i let it dry well between waterings) and bright cattleya light, i keep in a net pot with coarse bark as you can see, alternatively mounted is ok too, never tried in pots but I think is possible too with coarse medium

Attachments

• IMG_20200109_143028.jpg
    IMG_20200109_143028.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Here with all 5 flowers open

Attachments

• IMG_20200109_143220.jpg
    IMG_20200109_143220.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200109_142956.jpg
    IMG_20200109_142956.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 8
Tom, they are not easy to grow.

Eric, I had grown few of those in my old collection....they are not difficult at all. Intermediate temperature for most of them. Best to grow them on mount(hardwood with minimum moss), good air movement, high humidity and good light...perhaps they are not for apartment windowsill new growers but certainly I would not say "they are not easy to grow".

Watering--Dry them out between watering and light winter rest also.

Long-lasting flowers.

Eric, I had grown few of those in my old collection....they are not difficult at all. Intermediate temperature for most of them. Best to grow them on mount(hardwood with minimum moss), good air movement, high humidity and good light...perhaps they are not for apartment windowsill new growers but certainly I would not say "they are not easy to grow".

Watering--Dry them out between watering and light winter rest also.

Long-lasting flowers.
I agree with all you say, not really difficult at all, if you grow like said above.

So cute! Another one for my new tank! Top bunk lol

Flowers are pinkish with green spots in lip?
Not a good candidate for a tank, is a semi desert plant, well it depend on the tank, but this one need dry condition and lot of ventilation, is pinkish with a dark green spotted column and pink with purple spots lip

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back