Barbara LeAnn

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Sexy under the light! :)

It is blooming later than it did last year, but I really neglected it.
I'm actually surprised that it is still alive.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the plant after dealing with the dirty leaves, I posted photos of last year.

I really dried out the plant a lot. Still, the new growth, albeit weak and thin, managed to grow and make one flower.

I was happy to see the leaves on this new growth perfectly green and healthy in appearance, but just a few days ago, the same symptom began to appear.
It looks like water soaked mark and soon they turn light yellow and then some dark brown marks of irregular shapes and sizes appear.

Another issue, which is not a mystery but more of a nuisance, is that the new growth has this long thing base where a few new roots attempted to grow out but won't grow since there is no dirt to grow into and the air is dry.
I thought about covering that up but was afraid of rotting out the older growth that would be completely buried.
It looks I will have to do it anyway in case the old growth dies and the new growth is left with no roots.
There is a tiny new growth is breaking out on that thin base of the currently blooming growth. It really likes to climb up and up, it seems.

4wu1YP1l.jpg

Under side of the leaf.

Scfx2Qpl.jpg

That's a very pretty BLA and I'd do everything to save it. You might try wrapping sphagnum around the base of the new growth,
wrap the sphagnum with clear plastic tied at both ends and
keep the sphag. damp. When air layering like this, I
usually make a few tiny holes in the plastic for a bit of
air movement. Can you post a photo of the entire plant?
OR you could send it to me!

Put some Dragon"s Blood on the leaf. It works topically.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The old growth last year had nearly all the leaves affected.
I applied DB and it seemed to have stopped further spread.

I was happy not to see anything like it on this new growth until now. :(

Latest posts

Back