Bacchanalia in St. Louis!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
So, it's kinda late notice, but if anybody is in the St. Louis area, you can consider yourself invited to my yearly Bacchanalia. It begins tomorrow, Sat. July 15th, at 10:00 a.m., and continues until everybody leaves, passes out, or dies (which is usually around 2:00 a.m.). We drink watered-down wine (as according to ancient Roman custom) and eat way too much food, prepared from ancient Roman recipes (most from first century A.C.E.).

I've also got some orchids to get rid of (e.g., Mahon sent me more Den. crumenatum cuttings than I can deal with!), so that's a bonus too.

So far, the expected menu includes:

Sausage with Fish-Pickle in a Pool of Honey
Bacon Poached with Dill
Sautéed Snails
Olives
Fish-Pickle with Feta
Figs, grapes, cherries
Roasted Hazelnut/Pinenut Frittata
Nettle Quiche
Bread Salad
Octopus Salad
Chopped Lettuce
Roasted Fennel
Carrots with Cumin
Lentils
Green Beans
Portobello Mushrooms
Parsnips
Turnips
Artichokes with Cumin
Pottage
Sausage-Stuffed Bunny
Pork Ribs with Aniseed-Ginger marinade
Pork Ribs with Cardamon-Wine marinade
Chicken with Plums and Olives
Grilled Mackerel Steaks with Oregano
Stuffed Grape-Leaf-Wrapped Sardines
Shellfish in Cinnamon sauce
Grilled Leg of Lamb
Cassata Oplontia (Ricotta-based dessert)

Preliminary reviews are positive.

normal_DCP_2134.JPG

PM me if you think you might like to attend.

We need pics !! Does everyone wear a toga? Take pics of the festive event while everyone is still standing :D :D

We are taking steps to ensure that we have pics of each dish, and the various levels of crowd inebriation. I'll post them here, probably next week sometime.

Not everybody wears a toga. I think about half of us are going to make the effort this year.

Went well, but I don't have pics, menu, or recipes ready yet (been too busy getting caught up on work). I'll post back with some details once I have those elements in place.

Back