Azalea Temple - Daikozenji

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyushuCalanthe

Just call me Tom
Reaction score
Kyushu, Japan; warm temperate/subtropical climate
This is my most recent video, not exactly about orchids, but you'll see a number of Calanthe and Cymbidium goeringii in it. Lovely place, lovely time of year.

Daikozenji “Azalea Temple”

PinkHiradoAzalea.jpg

What a marvelous place to have a fantasy...so beautiful and serene. Where were the bees and hummingbirds?
Please excuse me. I'm obsessed with such pollinators and
the demise thereof. I always look forward to your videos
and enjoy them immensely. Thank you.

A beautiful place and video, great music choice and editing! Thank you for the virtual tour.

I'm glad you all liked it. I'm trying to do at least 2 videos a month from now on - a challenge to keep up with.

What a marvelous place to have a fantasy...so beautiful and serene. Where were the bees and hummingbirds?
Please excuse me. I'm obsessed with such pollinators and
the demise thereof. I always look forward to your videos
and enjoy them immensely. Thank you.

Angela,

Hummingbirds are native to the Americas only. A little bird you see around flowers here is the Japanese White-Eye (Zosterops japonicas), but usually they like plum trees and Camellias in the winter months. As for pollinators, tons around, but they are smaller and harder to see. As for honey bees, yes, there is a serious situation in Japan as well, but the little reading I've done suggests it is occurring differently here compared to America or Europe. Pesticides are once again implicated by most researchers.

Back