Awards and pictures from the Spring 2014 AOS Members Meeting and Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Below are some pictures and awards that we (Orchids Limited) received at the Spring 2014 American Orchid Society Members Meeting and Show in Bloomington (suburb of Minneapolis), Minnesota.

Our display got the show trophy and a silver medal for a display that size from the AOS:

Our orchid tree with Tolumnia variegata:

wall of Tolumnia's (3 got an AM/AOS):

River of Masd. veitchiana:

close op of Masd. veitchiana:

Masd. Machu Picchu:

Long petaled Phragmipedium's:

Phal. Chelseae MacGuire won best Phalaenopsis in Show Trophy:

Masd. coccinea alba 'White Winter' which got an HCC/AOS of 75 points:

Last edited by a moderator:
Phal. Candy Stripes 'Tehuacan Valley' got an HCC/AOS of 78 points. This one was bred by myself here at Orchids Limited:

Onc. Orchidom Treasured Love 'Killer Bees' received an AM/AOS of 82 points (by the time I took a picture these Tolumia's were kind of beet up, but I was able to still take a close up):

Rrm. Orchidom Dancer 'Burgundy Chateau' received an AM/AOS of 81 points:

Rrm. Orchidom Happy Choice 'Emma' received an AM/AOS of 83 points:

And finally (I saved the best for last): Phrag. Scarlet O'Hara 'Tall Dark and Handsome' received an FCC/AOS of 91.2 points. This is my very first FCC for any orchid that I have developed here at Orchids Limited! It also got the best Cypripedium Alliance Trophy.

So all in all, I think we did pretty good! :rollhappy:

Robert

Congratulations and well-deserved! I do hope that "tree" is cork or some
light material. It looks fantastic, but I'm thinking somebody's back might
not feel so good today!

Congratulations and well-deserved! I do hope that "tree" is cork or some
light material. It looks fantastic, but I'm thinking somebody's back might
not feel so good today!

LOL, yes the tree was actually made of separate pieces of hollow cork that we slid on a frame work of two by two's and metal pipes, we actually put it together at the show, so it would transport easily.

Robert

Back