Awarded Plants at the Winter Carnival Orchid Show 2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

4 of our plants got awarded this weekend at the Winter Carnival Orchid Show in St. Paul, Minnesota!

Our display:
WinterCarnival2012-1.jpg

Up-Close:
WinterCarnival2012-2.jpg

Paph. Golden Crest 'Winter Carnival' HCC/AOS (78 points) plant:
PaphGoldenCrestWinterCarnivalHCCAOS78points1282012.jpg

Up-close:
PaphGoldenCrestWinterCarnivalHCCAOS78points1282012-close-.jpg

Paph. Hsinying Pinolime AM/AOS (81 points) (a Pinocchio cross onto a large complex)
PaphHsinyingPinolimeAMAOS81points1282012.jpg

Phrag. Jason Fischer 'Ronez Point' AM/AOS (85 points). This is a tetraploid plant that originated from the Eric Young Foundation. The Natural spread of the flower was 10 cm with petals that were 5 cm across and 3 cm wide.
PhragJasonFischerRonezPointAMAOS85points1282012.jpg

And finally: Phrag. kovachii 'Moyobamba' AM/AOS (86 points). I had showed you this plant earlier when the first flower was open. It got judged on it's second flower. The Natural spread of the flower was 18.8 cm with petals that were 9.5 cm across and 8.4 cm wide.

PhragkovachiiMoyobambaAMAOS1292012.jpg

The picture above was taken at night at the show (The day before judging), so I had to use a flash, so the color is a little off; just to compare it, here is a picture of the first flower (the one I posted earlier). Also you can see how the flower (above) has aged a bit, it is probably 3 to 4 days older compared to the picture below:

PhragkovachiiMpyobambaLxA1122012.jpg

The next day a film crew from the local news station stopped by the nursery and did the following piece about the kovachii:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/01/30/new-rare-orchid-brought-to-st-paul-winter-carnival/

Robert

:clap::clap: Congrats! Well deserved! Glad the timing was right for the kovachii!

Congratulations to OL. How I wish I could have done a report like this when I worked as a journalist. All I had were politicians for 30 years. :(

Latest posts

Back