• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Awarded Peruflora's Cirila Alca for sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a division of Peruflora's Cirila Alca "Peggy" AM/AOS (83 points, 2015) The plant has several previously bloomed growths and a new one just started. It will bloom on this new growth next spring. This plant is dalessandroi x kovachii, with dalessandroi as the pod parent. I also have a blooming size PCA with kovachii as the pod parent. The prices are $150 for the awarded plant and $50 for the unbloomed plant, or best offer. I will ship bare root by USPS Priority Mail for free. No AK, AZ, CA or OUS. Please get in touch if you are interested, or want additional info. Mike
flower.jpg awarded plant.JPG close.jpg Pk x dal.jpg flower.jpg awarded plant.JPG close.jpg Pk x dal.jpg

Is the awarded plant sold? Also I am curious if you have tried breeding this plant. I have heard these are unfertile?

Is the awarded plant sold? Also I am curious if you have tried breeding this plant. I have heard these are unfertile?
I think the plant is spoken for. Regarding the fertility, I haven't been able to use it either way, but I've only tried 5-6 times with different plants. I've heard others comment about fertility issues. I believe these were dalessandroi (pod) x kovachii (pollen). Perhaps the dalessandroi was tetraploid. I'm pretty sure the kovachii was 2n. I have some with the kovachii as the pod parent. I may keep the best of this group and see if it has fertility issues. Mike

Latest posts

Back