Awarded Paph. spicerianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
Yey!!! got one just a 75 pts. HCC but I like it!!!

Ramon:)

1579664599_6e7624e07f_b.jpg

Congratulations are in order for sure! However, who's the breeder? Let me guess.. OZ?

Warning - I'm going to derail this thread...
I'm beginning to think this "round" thing is getting a little out of hand. When the species starts to look like a hybrid, I get a little worried that we're going overboard in the breeding department. Just my opinion, I'm still thrilled for you for getting it awarded, I'm just starting to question the AOS judging standards (I know, finally! you all say....)

I'm beginning to think this "round" thing is getting a little out of hand. When the species starts to look like a hybrid, I get a little worried that we're going overboard in the breeding department.

My first reaction when I saw the picture was: If the picture was taken looking straight on and level with the top of the pouch would the dorsal show the recurve as is characteristic of this species? To me a species plant should look like the species. The differences between the species is what, at least to me, makes the growing of the different species interesting.

Ramon, back to your award and regardless of the comments above: Great job growing and showing! :clap::clap::clap: Congratulations

Congrats on the award, well done!

I agree with Heather on the breeding. I think certain breeders are tweaking species into something entirely different that, in my opinion, should not be considered the true species.

That's pretty awesome to see an award on a species that has so much award history as spicerianum.

I like the nice wide petals. Well done.

That flower is awesome the picture makes it look huge what is it's size. Thanks Jim.

I think I need a spice just for the staminode...it always bothers me when pic angles cover up pretty staminodes :p

Latest posts

Back