Awarded micranthum ‘Katipo Alexandra’ AM/OCNZ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.S. I am only using Alexandra for FCC plants. This was originally thought to be an FCC but was unfortunately downgraded due to a slight leaning flower. I hope that it will get there eventually.
wonder if these judges would downgrade a beauty queen to first runner up if she dares to tilt her head on stage.

If I may wager a guess: it were the votes of the non-paph judges in the panel that determinered the case! 🙄
An FCC means the perfect flower with no imperfections objectively and without subjective feelings.

So if you can imagine this flower without faults et al, it would be as you personally scored. Hint: are both sides mirror images of each other and have you ever seen better markings/color on others?

I would expect an FCC would gather ‘excellent’ (rather than ‘very nice’) comment from you?
Well, I wouldn't be to sure of that! 😁
An FCC means the perfect flower with no imperfections objectively and without subjective feelings.
"The perfect flower ... without subjective feelings" - I surely hope not = a dead flower!

On this side of the dam, I gather, this flower might either earn a small gold medal or a very large silver ditto....depending on how much weight the individual judge puts on it slightly leaning to the side (I guess, this feature of form would in any international show subtract from the total score)?

Latest posts

Back