Awarded equitant

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
This little guy was awarded this weekend. HCC/AOS. I posted a different picture last week or so, and decided to take it to judging Saturday.

Waiting for Orchidom to give me a name for the grex, it is Rdcm. (Orchidom Red Love x Aleka) 'Littlefrog Sweet Caroline'.

Rdcm_cross.jpg

Rob,

Congrats. That's really a nice one. Looks like it thought about lighting up a lateral branch too.

Whatta think, AM the next time?

charlie c

Yep, most of these equitants are branching for me. If I let it, this one will rebloom a few times on this spike, might be blooming in August.

I thought it might be AM quality, but what do I know, I'm just a judge... *grin* It would have been a low AM, though.

Beautiful blooms, Rob! What great color :) The pouches are really tiny though...

- Matt :)

Well, when the magic growth hormones kick in, I'll have divisions for everybody!

Anybody who wants to clone the equitant, raise your hand and you will be generously rewarded upon success. Clone the phrag, and the rewards would be more generous, of course. *grin*

I still can't get over that color!!! Just lovely! I really need to find some equitant flasks. I love the little buggers. :rollhappy:

littlefrog said:
Anybody who wants to clone the equitant, raise your hand and you will be generously rewarded upon success.

That's interesting. Never knew they couldn't be cloned from meristematic tissue. Does that also mean they can't be propagated from nodes on the flower spike---ala phalaenopsis.

charlie c

No, you can clone equitants. They are pretty easy, I think. Phrags are hard... I just don't have the equipment right now to do the cloning. I'm serious, anybody wants to do the mericloning of the equitant, you can have a few flasks and maybe some cash to boot.

Rob, if you can get me the explant material in Canada, I'd give it a go. I would also need to see a copy of the protocols for equitants. I'm only used to phals and cymbidiums.

Kyle

Just a bump and a note. Note: This cross is now named. Rdcm. Orchidom Valentine

Second note for the droolers, I've found a bunch of unbloomed ones in the greenhouse. Didn't realize they were in there. Plus I think I have five that just came in with the last order (I think I might now have them all...). So, if you want to play the equitant lotto, they are listed on the website.

That's a great bunch of flowers there, I can see why it was awarded.

Beautiful!!!!

this is a beautiful equitant and the first "true red" that I see ( I have a "Popoki red" but in my opinion it is more dark pink/fuschia than red)

Congratulations :clap:

Latest posts

Back