August 24, 2017 - The Big Day

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
A few photos right after I went radio silent on this forum around Mid-2017. I was busy wedding planning and we did some traveling.

Maria and I got married on 8/24/2017 @ 5:00pm. Just the right time to catch a beautiful sunset at the Big Island in Hawaii. The weather was perfect, barely a cloud in the sky and the temperature was just right.

This thread along with my recent threads bridges Mid-2017 to today.

Cheers.

8L8A3277 by Marco, on Flickr

8L3A0486 by Marco, on Flickr

8L8A3873 by Marco, on Flickr

IMG_9524 by Marco, on Flickr

Did you visit any orchid nurseries when you were on the big island?
Unfortunately, we didn’t have a chance to. We only had a week in the big island. We landed on Sunday and the wedding was that following Thursday. We were running around like headless chickens setting up for Thursday and left for Maui that Sunday. We stayed in Maui for 3 days then over to Kauai for another 3 days before heading back to New York.

Hello. Haven't seen you guys in a while. We must do some roof top dining when the Covid-19 restrictions are finally relaxed.
Hey Eric - Good to hear from you. Maria and I have been working from home ever since the lock down started. We haven't been to the city in months.

We've just been home for the most part. I finally cut my hair yesterday. I was trying to go for the mountain man man look.........It didn't work out...I woke up one day with Maria breaking into a gasp because she didn't notice me.

I hope you've been well.

Congrats Marco! Hawaiian weddings are the best (I hear, mine was done in a town hall!)

Tom - Honestly, I think that would've been a smarter move.

While our wedding was small and intimate, planning was not easy. Especially since wedding week was the very first time we were in Hawaii. We knew nothing about the resort except for reviews we found online. Fortunately, we had a planner on site working behind the scene. We couldn't have done it without her. However, since it was out first time there, we were still running around the big island frantic the 4 days prior the wedding.

Latest posts

Back