• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Auction Containing Come Nice Paphs!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased four plants from this auction. Shipping + processing fees are a little much for me (believe me, it is expensive!). I agree that we need to see pics next time. As have been mentioned by cabnc, the smaller plants (two of mine) did not ship well. All of my plants were off their pots and the potting medium was everywhere- the box was too big and the plants were not secured well- I ended up repotting everything asap after I received my order, which I do not mind. Overall, I am not too happy with my order this time.

I hate to "pile on" with this issue but I agree with most of the issues being brought up. The plants that I paid for arrived in good shape and I have no complaints about them. However paying $77 dollars for USPS priority mail was excessive. I did not make a stink about it because the plants arrived in great shape and I got a great deal on them so it all balanced out will IMO.

To the clubs credit, this kind of transaction is a real p.i.t.a. and they all volunteered their time to assist a fellow club member. However, I dont really "buy" the statement saying that the plants were shipped in good shape. Looking at the pictures that were posted, those are issues of rot that dont manifest themselves over a two day period. Oh well.

Tyler

Surprised...

I am a bit surprised to hear that people are having issues with the plants that are coming from this auction. The plants I ordered were shipped in great condition with no damage at all. I bought a total of 5 Paphiopedilums and were shipped from Connecticut to California using 4 day shipping. All the plants came in nicely with not a single damaged leaf. The items were packaged so well in the box that I got a bit irritated while removing layers and layers of tape. I also would like to mention that California experienced high temperatures during the week the plants were shipped and they all made it alive.

I do have to say that the shipping was quite expensive. I'm guessing its because of the extra effort of getting them checked through the inspectors of that state.

I am sorry to hear that some people are getting plants that are not meeting up to their expectations. I am pretty sure the society has good intentions but just did not expect the weather conditions that hit these plants during the shipping process. Before they shipped out my package, they constantly asked me if I would like to upgrade my shipping time since I am guessing that they have received complaints about damaged plants during the shipping process. When the package was finally delivered, they E-mailed me to ask if they arrived in good condition. I think they had good intentions but the heat wave was an external factor in damaging the plants.

I'm not surprized at all Brandon. I got three plants after the auction was over and it was a damn good thing that I did! they screwed me a round with the shipping method and cost. I bought 3 plants all at reasonable prices then they turn a round charge an excessive amount for shipping to make up for their losses on poorly ran auction! I was orginally offered UPS @ `27 or 37 up to Fedex at 86.00 Bucks! I went with UPS but to my great dismay they shipped at Fedex 86 dollar! I ripped into these people through email for pulling this scam for making up on lost monies.
Side note; Plants where poorly packed to booth! No rot but broken leaves from tumbling a round.

I'm not surprized at all Brandon. I got three plants after the auction was over and it was a damn good thing that I did! they screwed me a round with the shipping method and cost. I bought 3 plants all at reasonable prices then they turn a round charge an excessive amount for shipping to make up for their losses on poorly ran auction! I was orginally offered UPS @ `27 or 37 up to Fedex at 86.00 Bucks! I went with UPS but to my great dismay they shipped at Fedex 86 dollar! I ripped into these people through email for pulling this scam for making up on lost monies.
Side note; Plants where poorly packed to booth! No rot but broken leaves from tumbling a round.

Sorry to hear about that Rick. I have to agree that the auction could have been handled better. Making the decision on having this auction as a "closed bid" was already a bad start for this organization. I think they would have made more money with the traditional bidding, maybe with eBay. We will have to be a bit more careful when this society pops back up again.

FWIW, I purchased three phrags fro the "unsold" list Acker's Fu Manchu, Ftritz Schomburg, and Olaf Gruss), and they are quite nice. Maybe a shade pricey, but as it's for establishing a memorial fund in honor of the guy who died, I didn't find them to be that far off of what I would have expected.

Latest posts

Back