• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Auction Containing Come Nice Paphs!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just received the following:

As many of you know, longtime Connecticut Orchid Society member and friend Al DeLuca unexpectedly passed away in March 2012. His family has graciously donated his robust healthy collection of orchids to COS for liquidation. In his memory, the funds raised will be exclusively used to support an annual Slipper Award in Al’s name and presented at the COS Show and Sale each October.

Al was a knowledgeable orchid collector and over the years he hybridized and grew 4 plants to receive AOS awards. Two of the most currently awarded plants are now being offered in this collection for sale.

Help support and honor Al’s memory. If you knew him and want a plant to remember him by, or are a collector of fine orchids, please review the attached list. Make your selections and notify Mary Rampone ([email protected]) with your choice of plants.

Professional growers and hobbyists,
You are being forwarded this auction notice for review. If you know any slipper collectors it would be wonderful if you would be kind enough to pass this auction information to them. The auction bidding will close at 8pm June 10th. At which time you will be notified by Mary at to the status of your offer.

You may download the PDF list HERE.

I take it Ray this will be a "closed bid" auction? Anymore details on how the auction will be ran would be greatly appreciated. I guess I could email Mary (I just figured that out:crazy:)

Those are some nice paphs. There is a lot that caught my eye especially anitum and some roths. Unfortunately again, Its on the other side of the pond.

Yes, it is a closed bid.

The opening bids are on the list. You email Mary your bid, and you'll see whether you won or not after the bidding closes.

Yes.

Even if it is an adductum. I thought it was a good deal for a multigrowth plant. I'll post pics when it arrives.

There were many really nice plants on the list. Super surprised that not many were picked up. The pricing certainly was more than fair. Might be worth while to contact the person to see what is left and get some of them.

tyler

Yes.

Even if it is an adductum. I thought it was a good deal for a multigrowth plant. I'll post pics when it arrives.

There were many really nice plants on the list. Super surprised that not many were picked up. The pricing certainly was more than fair. Might be worth while to contact the person to see what is left and get some of them.

tyler

Now...which local orchid club do you belong to so we can become close friends? Santa Clara, Malihini?
$200 sadly is a good price on that plant in the US. I've only seen it for $600 here for iffy plants, and I've heard a story of a person in southern California dumping all of his to avoid fines.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back