Auction#12, Fumi's Delight.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pealow

Reaction score
Well since I successfully bloomed HCM and Wossner Love from low buds, I thought that I'd try the auction plant Fumi's Delight. Plant arrived in great shape in low bud and after 10 days in my house it blasted. Sheath looks great, bud is brown and withered. Too much water???not enough water??? I researched other posts about this plant and it seems some can bloom it and others can't. It has many growths and I think I see another sheath. I don't have a greenhouse and maybe it needs one to bloom.

Paula

:sob: so sorry - too bad! :eek: unfortunately it happens. I have a GH, buds blast there too!
could be any of the above & add to that, shipping, lack of light, low humidity, full moon, etc. too many variables on this one, the next one should be fine!

I find a lot of plants acquired in bud blast just from transport shock. My Fumi Delights both blasted, I give them a little more water now and they appear to be doing better. :(

I give them a little more water now

Is that even possible? :p

I think I would write this one off as most likely a casualty to stress from shipping and a change of conditions. Hopefully the next bud will be fine, just keep the water away from the sheath.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Elena.

You might also check to see if you have enough humidity. I've seen buds blast going from growing conditions with lots of humidity to homes with very little.

Hi Paula,
I am sorry to hear that the bud blasted, I to believe that change in conditions is the most likely cause of the failure of the bud. I have budded and bloomed parvis in the house but like most orchids, consistency of culture is the key. I do hope that one of the other mature growths is in bud for this grex has some nice qualities.Don't give up!
Rob

I've had plants blast when the only thing that changed is that I took them out of my light stand (humidity 70% lots of light) and put them out where I could enjoy them when they opened. Now I do not take them out until the bloom is at least half open. So far, knock on wood, I have not blasted any more.

Back