At the Atlanta Spring Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbud

Orchid Maniac
Reaction score
Hi all. Arrive here yesterday with my friend Roy and rekindled some old friendships from the Atlanta Orchid Society. I wasn't the only one who had lost a loved one over the last few years so it was a time of mixed feelings. It was so good to see my old friends and make some new ones. One was Sam and Jeannie from Orchid Inn. As busy as Sam was setting up his booth he took the time to explain lots to me about slippers. He also sold me a beautiful P. phillippinense that's in bud and about ready to pop. Also picked up a nice P. appletonianum in bloom from Peachstate who had a nice selection of Paph. species and according to Carson some were rare. Unfortunately I just can't buy everyone I see or want. Here are a few random slipper shots.

Yw. More to come when I get home.
Guess who got to clerk for the Paph. and Phrag. judges? What an education that was. Saw so many plants that until now I had only seen in pictures. My best captures were a Paph phillippinense and an appletonianum. Plus a Phrag. warseiwitzianum (I know spelled wrong).

Thanks for sharing. When you get to a show and Sam has brought lots of stuff it's hard to not empty your wallet!

Thanks Cosmic.

Yes Eric and got to me he did.

But only one Paph. phillippinese X self. He had a sib on his display table that took a couple awards. Nice buds too I hope they don't blast as they usually do when they've been through so much trauma.

Back